Beef and asparagus salad with honey dressing, radishes and cherry tomatoes
Serves 2Preparation: 15 minsCook: 10 mins
Beef with the sweet honey dressing, fresh radishes and lovely red cherry tomatoes. Seasonal, fresh colourful, healthy and very tasty!
|for the dressing|
|½ a cup of extra virgin olive oil or pomace oil|
|2 tbsp of white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp of honey|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp wholegrain mustard|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|for the salad|
|8 stems of asparagus (hard root removed)|
|1 x 8oz rib eye steak|
|100g of fresh watercress or baby leaf salad|
|10 cherry tomatoes|
Step by step
- Make your dressing by adding all the ingredients together and whisking then season to taste.
- Heat up a char grill pan until hot, then add a little oil and add your trimmed asparagus and cook until just tender, set aside until later.
- Get your rib eye steak, season with sea salt and place into the pan cook for 2-3 minutes on one side then turn over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side (medium rare) cook for longer if you want more well done. Once you’ve done this remove from the pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice your radishes into very thin slices then put in a bowl with your watercress or baby leaf salad. Slice your cherry tomatoes in half add to the bowl then drizzle your dressing over the salad and toss to mix together.
- To serve place half of the dressed salad on each plate then slice the rib eye into strips and share between the two plates and serve.