Celery rosti with coriander and poached egg
Originally a Swedish dish, this celery rosti has been spiced up with some coriander and sweet chilli powder providing a tasty new take on this traditional recipe.
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Mix the celery, coriander and grated potato together. Season and add a few drops of chilli sauce and the chilli powder.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties. Fry in the oil in a shallow pan turning over once they have set to lightly brown on both sides – about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the rosti to a lightly oiled baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes to finish off the cooking.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each rosti and put under a hot grill until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile poach the eggs in deep simmering water with a little vinegar for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the rosti on plates, add the poached egg on top and drizzle with the chilli sauce. Serve with a green salad and baby new potatoes.