Grilled Radishes, Fennel and Asparagus Salad with a Caper Dressing
Serves 4 as a side dishPreparation: 10 minsCook: 5-10 mins
A delicious and colourful salad that can be prepared and cooked in less than 15 minutes. Radishes are packed full of vitamins, iron and potassium so this is a really healthy, but warming option, ideal as a side dish or starter for a family meal or a meal with friends.
|for the salad|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|150g radishes cut in half|
|1 large bulb fennel, sliced|
|200g asparagus, trimmed|
|4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|for the dressing|
|1 tbsp sherry vinegar|
|½ red onion, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp baby capers|
|Salt and pepper|
|Small bunch of dill chopped|
Step by step
- Preheat a large griddle pan and lightly dress all the vegetables in olive oil.
- While you are waiting for the griddle to warm up:
- Mix together in a small bowl the olive oil and sherry vinegar, then add the onion and capers, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grill the vegetables on both sides in a single layer in the griddle pan, until the bar marks start to appear. This usually takes a couple of minutes. You may need to do this in a couple of batches if all the vegetables do not fit on the grill.
- Once cooked, arrange on a serving dish, season with salt and pepper, drizzle over the dressing and scatter with the chopped dill. Serve at once.