Warm Radish, Halloumi, Potato and Tomato Salad with Mustard Dressing – served with ham
Colourful and deliciously warming, this salad has a beautiful balance of flavours across the potatoes, the salty Halloumi and the little bite of the radish and mustard. This dish is not only healthy, thanks to the vitamins, iron and potassium of the low-GI radish, but it also will look fantastic on any supper table. Adding a slice or two of ham turns this into a more substantial dish that will satisfy those carnivores among your friends and family!
Step by step
- Place the new potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with cold water, and lightly salt. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the olive oil and vinegar, then add the Dijon mustard and dill.
- Add the new potatoes, radishes and cherry tomatoes to the dressing, mix and season well.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and cook the Halloumi on both sides for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Add the Halloumi to the salad and mix gently, then divide between 4 plates and serve with a slice or two of ham.