Sticky roast chicken with oriental shallot, Chinese leaf & carrot salad
Serves 4Preparation: 10 minsCook: 25 mins
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|2tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce|
|For the dressing:|
|3 medium red chillis, deseeded & finely chopped|
|2 tbsp nam pla (fish sauce)|
|Juice of 1 lime|
|1 tsp sugar|
|Small handful mint leaves, roughly chopped|
|For the salad:|
|1 large carrot, cut into fine matchsticks|
|6 shallots, finely sliced|
|½ Chinese leaf lettuce, finely shredded|
Step by step
- Rub the chicken with the sweet chilli sauce and roast in the oven at 200°c, 180°c for fan ovens, or gas 6 for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and crisp and sticky on the outside.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the salad ingredients to the dressing and toss well.
- When the chicken is cooked, slice finely and toss with the salad. Serve immediately. If you want to serve this as a cold salad, slice the chicken and leave to cool completely before adding to the salad.
- Sprinkle soy sauce to taste